I have lots to update on…..
- My Grandfather – Still not looking really good. He has brain damage to the Cortex. Here is some info:The gray matter. The cortex is gray because nerves in this area lack the insulation that makes most other parts of the brain appear to be white. It covers the outer portion (1.5mm to 5mm) of the cerebrum and cerebellum. The cerebral cortex consists of folded bulges called gyri that create deep furrows or fissures called sulci. The folds in the brain add to its surface area and therefore increase the amount of gray matter and the quantity of information that can be processed. The cerebral cortex is divided into right and left hemispheres. It encompasses about two-thirds of the brain mass and lies over and around most of the structures of the brain. It is the most highly developed part of the human brain and is responsible for thinking, perceiving, producing and understanding language. It is also the most recent structure in the history of brain evolution. Most of the actual information processing in the brain takes place in the cerebral cortex. The cerebral cortex is divided into lobes that each have a specific function. For example, there are specific areas involved in vision, hearing, touch, movement, and smell. Other areas are critical for thinking and reasoning. Although many functions, such as touch, are found in both the right and left , some functions are found in only one cerebral hemisphere. For example, in most people, language abilities are found in the left hemisphere.
- Jobs – Pete got a new one! YAY! Well it is in the same company, but it is a manager position in a different department, one that is brand new. He even gets to pick the hires to work under him. I am so happy and so proud of him. I know he will be so much happier.
- Houses – We found one we want to buy. We are working on Pre-Approval and making an offer this week. I really hope it isn’t too late, but we will see. Fingers Crossed.
- Mother’s Day – Hate it! I knew I shouldn’t, but I do. I am insanely jealous of those who have Mother’s to share it with. I will get to share it with my favorite girl, Alyssa since Laura is working all day, but it is so sad not to have my Mom! I think if this rain ever stops Alyssa and I will go to the grave yard and plant flowers for my mom.
- Birthday – My Birthday is in 13 days. I love my Birthday! I really hope Pete has something great planned. Or atleast something good! LOL I love being the princess for the day, too bad my birthday is on a Tuesday….Yuk, I like weekend Birthdays!
- Vacation – 6 months from today we will be sailing away on the Disney Wonder. In 5 months and 24 days we will be going to WDW. I am so excited and so lucky to get to have such special yearly vacations. I have booked our plane tickets to Orlando, we got a steal at $69 a piece. I have also bought our Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party tickets. Ouch….$65 a piece! It will be worth it to Trick or Treat in the Magic Kingdom. Our Cruise and both hotels are all paid for! All that is left to pay for is Plane tickets home, the Dining package and tips (well and of course spending money). I am so so so ready for a vacation!